.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Are you ACTIVE....

Car accidents...they happen to me!!! I was in one last week. Not fun at all. No broken bones...just bruised up pretty bad. Actually I have a temporary built in seat belt (bruise) across my body. Thank goodness for seatbelts...even if they do a bit of damage. At least I am not broken.

Car accidents...make ya Crazy! I went into panic mode...the paramedics (who i kept referring to as pediatrics as well as periandrics...huh?) were trying to ask me questions and I went on a swearing spree. Weird! Then I started crying because I had sworn so much. (Crazy). I went to the other cars...and kept apologizing, and would start crying again. They were great...I was not! (Crazy)
Car accidents...make you say Looney things (or maybe it was the drugs). I was very ok with sharing intimate details of my life with my supervisor (who so kindly sat with through this whole ordeal) (Looney). The heart doc came into my room to perform an EKG on me. They have to place those sticky circles across your chest. Lets just say that was the most action I have ever gotten. Well he had to stick one quite close to an intimate area. When taking them off he ripped that one off quite fiercely..."Hey, could I get my nipple back?!", I replied. (Looney)
They wanted to make sure that I was not broken and ran all sorts of tests...Which means the hospital staff persistently asks... are you pregnant? NO! Is there any possibility that you could be? NO! They have to! So I was getting used to answering these questions. My last test, a MRI...I was asked those same questions followed by "are you active...?" I replied with a firm YES! Not seeing this as a problem, she asks me to do a pregnancy test. I asked her, whatever for? Then it clicked and I said to her "oh, NO, I am not SEXUALLY active... I thought you meant active as if you can move around!" (Looney) Ooops… I blame it on the drugs
!!!
Ok maybe I am Crazy and Looney already…but if anything, car accidents and the drugs to ease the pain … are nice reminders!!!!

Drive Safe and Buckle Up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you okay???

Darla said...

Oh Amber...I wish I was there, although I wouldn't have been laughing at the time I am laughing so hard right now! I'm glad your supervisor was there with you...sorry you even had to deal with it at all, though! Love you!

sugarlilysea said...

What happened???? I'm glad you are ok.

Anna said...

oh Ambee, I love ya.

Glad there were pediatrics there to help you AND I really hope you get your nipple back. ;)
stay active!!

Dani Dunn said...

Haha! You are too funny! Mindy told me that you got in an accident. Glad you are OK.