.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

There is still HOPE for you...

I was at a wedding reception recently, chatting away, gettin my groove on, ya know doin my thang... and this lady (who shall not be named)...came up behind me and gave me this awkward side shoulder hug and said "See, Amber, there is still HOPE for YOU..." Bahahaha. Yep she surely did say that. Loved it! I looked at her with my quizzical, bewildered eyes...and said "Hope...whatever for?" She then proceeded to go on about the whole marriage thing. blah blah blah. I told her I was not too worried about. Which to be honest, I am not. Ya sure, I wouldn’t mind getting married as much as the next chick (ok maybe not that much), but it will happen when it happens. She was dumbstruck that I was NOT worried. "You are not worried...well I am!?!" , she said. Bahahaha, for the second time. Geesh I am 26... Get ova it lady!

Receptions... gotta luv um, family...gotta luv um too!!!
While I am not worried... I will continue to get my groove on, and do my thang...no use wasting time worrying. Life is too short, and continues to get shorter...

5 comments:

aprildawn19 said...

Yea, I shared this story to a couple of people at work and they were in speechless at what "the lady who won't be named" said to you. They and I have your back sista:)

Anonymous said...

I'm worried about ya too, friend! HELLO! Get ya thang on and get hitched!!! BAHAHAHAHA

snittymagee said...

Love your blog. So freaking cute. And just so you know, there is hope for you.

Darla said...

Good times...Why do people in Utah say things like that, again? Oh right, because they think if you're a day over 18 and you're not married there is something wrong with you? How about it's AWESOME when people finish school and get degrees, have good jobs, own homes...and they don't have to struggle in the beginning...oh yeah and they actually get to live their life and learn who they are before they decide to invite someone to live the rest of it with them, only to realize what a huge mistake it was a couple months down the road. Who is this lady? I'd like to say a little somethin' to her right now! :)

Kendall said...

I heard this story....from another person, (who wont be named) and died. Like she knows everything about marriage? I have had an issue far too long with this person (who shall remain nameless) thinking that she is a know all--it makes me so mad. She used to give the groom---from the reception you went to loads of crap and it made him so mad he wants nothing to do with her. Goodness.
Live it up girl...once you get married, life will never be the same--though it is wonderful---never is the same! Love ya lots cuz.