.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My PASSION...

Who am I? What do I love to do? What drives me? These are some thoughts on my mind these days...but it really hit me hard today. I am not sure what prodded it...but it sure needed to.

I do not love what I do...I am a social worker. I have gone through ups and downs with this job for the past two years. Then I started my master to be a school counselor. Then I got to thinking...WHAT IS MY PASSION? I am not sure I really have one, and I am bound and determined to find it...even if it is the last thing I do...but lets be honest, I sure hope it is not the last thing I do. That would sure be the pits if I finally find it...then I kill over.

Sure I like all sorts of things... I like to interact with people, I like kids. I like fashion, I like movies, I like fitness and nutrition, I like to write as well as read. I like to be creative and artsy...but do I really LOVE these things??? I need to figure that out.

I also need a change, because I am not feeling passionate about any particular thing I am doing right now. In order for change to happen...I must do something to make the changes. Maybe a job change or a change of scenery...just something has gotta change.

Hopefully on this quest to finding my PASSION I find myself...but shouldn't I have already found myself...I am 26?! I guess I will some how figure it out. I did come up with a great analogy earlier about the state I am in. I love analogies!

Basically I need a door to open for me, because I am just hanging out in this hallway that has gotten pretty dark, with all the doors shut. I find myself too scared to push open any door myself to find out what is on the other side. Now I am becoming to realize that anything is better then a dark hallway...I get nowhere in a dark hallway...

Now I just need to be brave enough to start knocking at or even pushing some doors open.

4 comments:

Anna said...

i hear you sister! i so want a passion too. i am so jealous of those who are secure in their passion. good luck with the adventure of finding yours... love ya!

aprildawn19 said...

I need to find my passion too! That is why I think I don't have my teaching job:( or at least that is what I believe. I am trying to figure out what it is and how I am supposed to do it.
I so I completely know how you feel:) If I had the means I would pack up and move where I would love to be and see:)
Good luck my Ambie!

Rachel said...

Amber, I found your blog! You mean our crazy job isn't your passion? I'm so surprised! Ha. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

quit your job, move to Hawaii, work in a shake shack, and live on the beach. Yep that sounds just perfect for you!